Allison Pichardo, LMFT
Allison is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (#91163) who specializes in working with adolescents, adults, and family systems. Allison obtained her B.A. in Psychology and her M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy. She focuses on client strengths, improving confidence, and enhancing individual's relationships to help people succeed in reaching their goals.
Allison has completed advanced training in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing. She has also completed the Level One training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
- Mental Health therapist working with high risk youth ages 6 to 18 years providing crisis intervention, individual therapy, case management, and parent coaching at Gardner Family Care Corporation for their Intensive Outpatient Program (2014-2016).
- Therapist working with adults at Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County conducting individual therapy, group therapy, and linking individuals to community resources (2013-2014).
- Behavioral Health Clinician providing therapy, crisis intervention, and life skills groups in a school based setting to elementary and high school students at Foothill Community Health Center (2013).
- Counselor for children, teens, and adults and JFK Community Counseling Center (2011-2013).
- Counselor and supervisor of JFK Expressive Arts Camp for school aged children. Assisted children with communicating intense emotions and identifying their strengths through creative expression (2011 - 2012).
Special Areas of Interest:
- Grief and Loss
- Improving Communication
Additional Areas of Interest: anxiety, couples counseling, challenging teens, children, defiant behaviors, depression, family therapy, life transitions, parenting, self-harm, shyness, stress management, and trauma.