Desiree Hedberg, AMFT
Desiree is an Associate Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (#77032) who specializes in working with couples and romantic relationships. She is supervised by Lindsay Smith, LCSW (#24906). She obtained her B.A. in English and her Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy with a health emphasis. Desiree uses a client-centered and strength-based approach to assess and support relationships to facilitate healing and change.
- Marriage and Family Therapist Intern treating adults, couples, and families at Thrive Family Therapy Center (2016-2017)
- Child and Family Therapist Intern at YWCA, San Jose providing individual, couples, family, group therapy, behavior modification, and crisis intervention, for students and their families at schools and the San Jose clinic (2014-2015)
- Grief therapist for individuals, families, and groups at Hospice of the Valley (2013-2014)
- Providing therapy and resource referrals for individuals, couples, and groups at PACE—Santa Clara County Medical Center’s HIV positive clinic (2012-2013)
Special areas of interest:
- Couples Counseling
- LGBTQ+ and Gender Affirming Therapy
- Grief and Loss
- Mindfulness and Health Psychology
Additional Areas of Interest: alternative relationship structures / non-monogamy, anxiety, blended family struggles, co-parenting, depression, divorce, HIV, improving social and communication skills, life transitions, relationship challenges, self-esteem, and stress management.