Liana Unger, LCSW
Liana Unger is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (#76693). She obtained her Bachelors degree from Sonoma State University and her Masters in Social Work from the University of Southern California. Liana has intensive training in Chemical Dependency and Addiction Treatment, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT), Seeking Safety, Somatic Psychotherapy, and Dyadic Development Psychotherapy. Liana is also a certified Positive Parenting Program provider and has completed the Level One training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
- Parents Place Coordinator, Supervisor, Clinician, and Parent Consultant at Jewish Family and Children's Services (2014-2017)
- Intensive Treatment Foster Care Mental Health Clinician at Alternative Family Services (2015-2016)
- Clinical Consultant/ Interim Acting Clinical Director at Alta Treatment Facilities (2015)
- Director of Marketing and Outreach and Clinician at Center for Psychological Services (2010-2014)
- School Counselor at Crossroads School for the Arts and Sciences (2014)
- Program Director, Therapist, and Supervisor at Malibu Beach Recovery Center, a co-ed addiction treatment residential and outpatient program (2011-2014)
- Program Director, Therapist, and Supervisor at The Brentwood House, an Addiction Treatment Facility for Women (2013-2014)
- School Counselor at Beverly Vista Elementary School and Beverly Hills High School (2010-2011)
- Counselor at Beit T'Shuvah (2009-2010)
- Working with children and families in various settings and capacities for over 12 years, providing clinical assessments, individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, therapeutic behavioral services, case management services, crisis intervention, safety planning, and parent coaching
Special Areas of Interest:
- Chemical Dependency/ Substance abuse/ Addiction
- Family Therapy
Additional Areas of Interest: anxiety, abandonment issues, Borderline Personality Disorder, communication problems, co-parenting, depression, fears and phobias, grief and loss, learning disabilities, parent coaching, relationship issues, school difficulties, self-esteem, social skill building, stress management, perfectionism.