Rachel Needham, AMFT, APCC
Rachel Needham is an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (CA #98126) and Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (CA #3763). She obtained her bachelor’s degree from Santa Clara University and her master’s degree in counseling psychology from John F. Kennedy University. Rachel has training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Managing and Adaptive Practice (MAP), Seeking Safety, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDT), and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). Rachel is also a certified in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI).
- Level II Clinician in the Intensive Outpatient Program with Uplift Family Services (formerly EMQ Families First) (2017-2018)
- Marriage and Family Therapist Intern with John F. Kennedy University Community Counseling Center (2017)
- Counselor with John F. Kennedy University’s Expressive Arts Camp (2016)
- HRSA-Grant-funded traineeship with John F. Kennedy University Community Counseling Center and the Cupertino Union School District (2015-2016)
- Counselor with John F. Kennedy University’s Expressive Arts Camp (2015)
Special Areas of Interest:
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
Additional Areas of Interest: attachment and bonding, dual-diagnosis, self-worth issues, codependency, premarital and marital issues, adolescent and family issues, substance use and addiction, professional and academic issues, behavioral issues.